Providing value-added legal services to businesses, from entrepreneurial start-ups to global multinationalS.
I strive to provide clients with scalable support for acquiring customers, engaging with vendors, negotiating with business partners, documenting transactions, bringing products and services to market, driving growth, and creating shareholder value. I advise on a variety of commercial agreements and transactions, including:
SaaS Subscription Agreements
Terms of Service
End-User License Agreements
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Supply / Purchase Agreements
Sales Representative Agreements
Letters of Intent
Memoranda of Understanding
ACQUISITION INTEGRATION / DUE DILIGENCE
I review and advise on commercial contracts within the context of acquisition integration and due diligence. I have supported the legal integration of dozens of acquisitions across a variety of geographies.
I support businesses seeking to enter the U.S. market or grow within the U.S. market. I also support U.S. businesses seeking to grow in export markets.
My clients are from diverse industries and geographies. I seek to provide tailored legal solutions taking the business objectives of my clients and the particularities of those industries and geographies into account. I advise clients across a variety of sectors, including:
Automotive Dealer IT
Supply-Chain Management Solutions
Distribution / Reselling
Organizational Capability Solutions
Talent Assessment Solutions
Energy Efficiency Solutions
Michael T. Medwig
I am a general counsel with broad international business and legal experience at all stages of enterprise growth, from entrepreneurial start-ups to global multinationals. I provide value-added legal services to technology companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and growth businesses.
Leveraging my legal expertise to achieve business objectives, I strive to act as a business partner, providing clients with scalable support for acquiring customers, engaging with vendors, negotiating with business partners, documenting transactions, bringing products and services to market, driving growth, and creating shareholder value.
- software-as-a-service platforms
- IT infrastructure
- supply-chain management solutions
- organizational capability solutions
- petrochemical logistics
- talent assessment & human resource solutions
- energy efficiency solutions
- distribution / reselling
- healthcare information technology
- acquisition integration / due diligence
Prior to launching my private practice in 2010, I served 14 years as in-house counsel for various GE businesses, including:
- 5 years as General Counsel of GE IT Solutions Europe, based in Munich, Germany
- 6 years with GE Healthcare (covering Europe, Middle East & Africa) based in Paris, France
- 2 years with GE International Law & Policy, based in Washington DC
- 1 year supporting GE Equipment Services
I also served as General Counsel Europe for Agility Logistics, based in London, UK.
- I am an advisor to H Quest Vanguard, an energy, chemicals, and advanced materials start-up, based in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
- I served on the Program Committee and Coaches Committee of the 2016 Invent Pennsylvania State University Venture & IP Conference, where I organized the Energy Innovation panel and the Advanced Materials Innovation panel.
- I serve on the Program Committee and Coaches Committee of the 2017 Three Rivers Venture Fair.
- I served on the Coaches Committee for the 2016 Three Rivers Venture Fair.
- I was a reviewer and judge for the TransTech Energy Business Development Conference start-up competition in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012.
- I served as a judge in the 2017 and 2016 Allegheny Region Cleantech University Prize Collegiate Competition, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy and hosted by Carnegie Mellon University.
Georgetown University Law Center, JD 1993
Georgetown University Law Center, LLM 1994
Admitted to practice in: Pennsylvania 1993; United States Supreme Court 2008; England & Wales 2008 (non-practicing).